Friday, July 19, 2013

Around Here

No one will ever accuse me of traveling lightly!
I am about to set off for Somerset, New Jersey, and the 2013 CREATE Mixed-Media Art Retreat.  I have a bag of clothing, a bag of art supplies for my workshops, a bag of art supplies for my personal use, and a bag of bathroom items.  That doesn't even include the mammoth purse that I'll grab on the way out the door!  Thank goodness I'm not going by airplane, so I can avoid all those tough decisions about what to take and what to leave at home.
I am putting all of my supplies for the workshops into this organizer tote from Michaels.  I figure it is easy to carry and easy to access the tools and supplies during the workshops.
Among the other items, I have a container of wipes, some latex gloves, and a couple of cloth diapers that I always use for dabbing my brushes when using watercolors.  Looking at my bag, it's a little tough to determine if I'm making art or diapering a baby!
***********************************************************
For the first time in a long time, I bought a bouquet of flowers at a local co-op, and used a few little clippings to brighten the windowsill over the kitchen window.  I am definitely going to have to bring flowers into my home more often!
                      ***********************************************************
It's been a long time since I've posted about my progress in Index Card a Day (ICAD).  Here's a sneak peek, but I'll try to show the gallery sometime next week!

Have a happy art-making weekend!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Lots of interesting things to comment on...but I especially like your colored bottles w/flowers on the windowsill! Have a great weekend learning new skills!

Janet said...

Have a fun weekend and come back and tell us all about it.

uncustomary said...

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! Have fun!

Jo Murray said...

Have a great time! One should always have fresh flowers in the home ..it's good karma...BUT bad karma if you leave them when they die.

Adriann said...

Hope you are having a great time! Love the flowers in the windowsill. My oldest finds wildflowers and bring them home. There's nothing like fresh flowers. ☺

Dianne said...

Had to laugh at your packing story...the only time I ever went to a workshop, I packed a suitcase on wheels just for my art supplies! you never know what you'll need! Have a terrific time...bring back your wonderful art to share with us!

supplies overflowing! said...

Hi Andria! You've got one beautiful blog here~and because of that, I totally believe that you can handle anything related to selling your art. You should try!! You are very talented!!! (I spent some time here reading and admiring) I've left a message on facebook, or at least I thought I had...who knows? Something popped up that was a bit different, so I am not so sure it sent! Anyway, it was very nice meeting you on Saturday. I'll be back to visit!!
xoxo jenny
ps~ your girls are adorable

supplies overflowing! said...

Hi Andria! You've got one beautiful blog here~and because of that, I totally believe that you can handle anything related to selling your art. You should try!! You are very talented!!! (I spent some time here reading and admiring) I've left a message on facebook, or at least I thought I had...who knows? Something popped up that was a bit different, so I am not so sure it sent! Anyway, it was very nice meeting you on Saturday. I'll be back to visit!!
xoxo jenny
ps~ your girls are adorable

Anonymous said...

kevin durant
palm angels
off white x jordan 1
palm angels outlet
retro jordans
bape
goyard online store
curry 9
bape hoodie
kyrie 6