Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Art Swaps!


During this most recent Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap, the postcard above should soon be arriving to my swap partner in Argentina, while I received this lovely work of art from Moni of Leeds:

Many thanks to Moni for her stitched postcard!  I will definitely be participating in future Great Big Stitched Postcard Swaps, as paper stitching is now at the top of my list for art-making pasttimes.
{Here you can see that I've been sewing more postcards!}
I think I like this one (above) more than any other one I've created. 
It is already on its way to a friend!

Here is another, in a similar vein:

And the last of what feels almost like a "set":
I am thinking of making some pieces in this same style, of a larger size, maybe suitable for framing.

I also recently did a little one-on-one ATC swap with April Cole out in California.  I neglected to take a photo of the ATC I made before mailing it out, but here is the colorful, fun card I received in return:
{You can also see her adorable business card in the background.}

Be sure to visit April's blog for beautiful art,
creative projects, and fun links.

Here's hoping you can take a little break today for some creative happiness!

6 comments:

laurie said...

these are gorgeous! i can't believe how much stitching you were able to incorporate into the design. i like the thought of them out there in the postal system, bringing a bit of beauty to all those they pass by.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Hey Andria!
That ATC looks great on your blog ;]
So glad you like it.
Isn't it great to spread the love, art love that is!! <3

lee said...

wow you did a great job on those postcards, very vintage and your right they are like a set.

Carin Winkelman said...

Oh my, there are some very beautiful cards there! Lucky you!

Michelle Remy said...

Those are some pretty incredible stitched postcards! If you incorporated a binding, you'd have an instant book. I'm a big fan of stitching but with my pages usually bound first, it isn't usually an option.

You have a lovely blog! I thought I'd stop in, see what's up and thank you for your visits to my blog! So deeply appreciated!

Andria said...

Thanks, Laurie! When I sent this postcard off, it was the first time that a postal employee took notice and bothered to comment on it...positively, thankfully. In the past, they just "play it cool" and pass it through! Nothing better than "art love," April! Thank you for your comments, Lee and Caatje; I appreciate your visits! Thanks for coming by, Michelle! I really like the idea of making a series of postcards and binding them into a book. I'm going to have to "think on it"!